List of ActiveRefresh features
- ActiveRefresh combines the portions of information from different sources (regular web pages, RSS feeds, blogs) and presents them in uniform, comfortable and adjustable way.
- Powerful and simple filters to make your check more effective.
- Scheduling automatic checking at set intervals.
- Individual schedule for every task.
- Optional pop-up alerts and sounds when updates are found.
- Selecting which part of the web page to check.
- Ability to specify which part of information will be extracted from web page.
- Customizable output templates
- Ability to use different search templates for one page
- Saves updated pages to your hard disk.
- Mark the new information.
- Edit and post extracted contents to weblogs (Blogger, Movable Type, LiveJournal Support)
- ActiveRefresh combines the portions of information from different sources (regular web pages, RSS feeds, mailboxes, blogs) and presents them in uniform, comfortable and adjustable way.
- Customizable RSS Channels support
- Creating of RSS-like web based columns with fully customizable search and output templates
- Extract the specified parts on web content.
- Automated search and output template creation ( select which part of web page you wish to extract, and ActiveRefresh will do the rest)
- Powerful and simple filters for RSS-based and Web-base columns.
- When changes in a news source are detected, ActiveRefresh notifies your and mark the new records.
- You will be able to set up a customized schedule for each source
- You may organize news channels in a customizable tree view
- Using filters in RSS Import dialog
- ActiveRefresh supports the standard OPML format for storing and loading the subscription list.
- You can import your subscriptions from FeedsReader
- You can now subscribe to RSS feeds by clicking on the Radio Coffee Mug icon you can find on some weblogs.
- Hierarchical tree-like organization of data.
- Automatically run on Windows start up (optional).
- Two-panel interface with ability to use only main news panel
- Different types of view - columns view and newspaper-like news view
- Multi-user support
- News Popup window keeps user informed about just received breaking news
- Fast and simple installation/deinstallation
- Traffic-saving approach - faster checks using Last-Modified/If-Modified-Since HTTP headers
- RSS Autodiscovery
- Compose your messages and post them to your weblog on any Blogger, MovableType or LiveJournal API - supporting website.
- Support of basic character encodings
- Supports HTTP proxy
- Processes incoming HTML code in order to delete parts of the code that could be potentially dangerous, such as objects and scripts
- Save information on exit in html for future processing